Stan The Annuity Man: The Only Thing Complex About Annuities Are the Sales Pitches
In this episode, The Annuity Man discussed:
- Annuities are not complicated
- Understand what you are buying
- Trusting true fiduciaries
- Annuities are simple if you focus on the guarantees. It’s agents who are focused on self-interest that pitch products that make annuities too complicated. Often, they entice their clients with misleading backtested numbers and value-less upfront bonuses that seem like “free money.”
- If you can’t explain the strategy or the sales pitch to a nine-year-old, do not buy it. There is no urgency for you to buy an annuity; the only urgent and important thing is for you to understand what you are getting into.
- The longer the surrender charge and the more complex the strategy, the higher the built-in commission is for the agent. Putting the client’s interest first should be the basic requirement to be an agent. However, that is not the case most of the time. Sadly, even some that claim to be a fiduciary
"This is a simple, simple industry with simple, simple solutions. The people that are making it complex are the agents and advisors selling the products in a complex way, instead of stripping it down to the basics." — Stan The Annuity Man.
Connect with The Annuity Man:
Email: [email protected]
YouTube: Stan The Annuity Man
Get a Quote Today: Annuity Calculators- Get Your Personalized Quotes | The Annuity Man
Fun With Annuities Podcast is hosted by America’s Annuity Agent®, Stan Haithcock, The Annuity Man®. Hear brutal annuity facts with no sales pitches from the top independent agent in the country, licensed in all 50 states. Author of 7 books, Stan dives deep on all annuity types and strategies. It’s fun, learning the contractual truths on how annuities actually work and if they’ll fit your personal retirement lifestyle.