Jay Zawatsky: How Debt & Energy Connect
About Fun With Annuities Episode #141
The fabulously smart Jay Zawatsky made his second appearance on my Fun With Annuities podcast to cover one of the most fascinating topics I’ve covered in a while…How Debt and Energy Connect.
The podcast started with Jay tracing back the history of debt to a past German ruler, and how numerous U.S. President’s adopted and used debt to control voters and the country. Jay’s historical journey was both educational and factually disturbing at the same time.
Once Jay laid the foundation of debt and all that it brings to the global economic party, he pivoted to the history of energy and its direct impact on the economy. That’s when things started to get interesting with the podcast, and I felt like I was riding a factual bucking bronco to keep Jay’s brain on point. Of course, I did just that.
Jay then started talking about current energy policies and the brutal truth that what we are currently doing is no sustainable. The good news is Jay had a logical answer and solution. It’s so logical and simple that my prediction is that it will never get done politically. According to him, we need a good looking dynamic messenger to “sell” this idea to an uneducated public. As you can imagine, I offered my services and was immediately shot down by Jay because he said I had a “face for radio.” You will have to listen to the podcast to hear Jay’s idea on who that person is. Let’s just say I totally disagreed with him because the person he has chosen is already a mainstream media punching bag.
However, Jay’s idea is solid and doable if rational and pragmatic people where politically in charge. So much for that dream!
I loved this podcast because it will definitely make you think. It will take you out of your comfort zone. It will make you ask the question, “Why not?” These are all good things and something we need to do as a country so our children and grandchildren live in the same wonderful country as we have been so fortunate to enjoy.
When Jay first shared his topic idea with me, I was skeptical to be very honest about it. But once again, the infamous Jay Zawatsky proved his point. Debt and energy are connected, and always will be. The good news is that the solution is right there in front of us, and it’s simple. Let’s hope we can find some leader to accomplish the achievable goals, before it’s too late. Enjoy the podcast!
In this episode, The Annuity Man and Jay Zawatsky discuss:
- The origin of the United State’s debt pile
- Why we need to increase the amount and affordability of energy
- Hydrogen is the key to energy dominance
- The problems that hydrogen solves
- Lifespans have increased for workers that pay into the social security system. Therefore, according to the trustees of the Social Security system, it’s projected that they will be unable to pay the full benefits by 2034. This doesn’t mean that people won’t get any amount, just not the full amount unless there are major changes made in the system.
- If we want to undo the debt pile, we have to increase productivity. That means that we also need to increase the amount and affordability of energy since without energy, nothing gets done.
- Our country’s focus shouldn’t be on welfare-warfare but on energy dominance. To do that, we’ve got to use a more viable source of energy in the form of hydrogen. It can be extracted from water through electrolysis and it burns just like natural gas.
- Hydrogen solves a lot of problems. For those worried about global warming, hydrogen doesn’t create any carbon dioxide - it’s just water back to water. It’s also done without subsidies, so it doesn’t cost the taxpayer anything.
"The only way to save America is to re-energize America. And the only way to do it is with hydrogen, because it solves all the problems that we have" — Jay Zawatsky
More from Jay Zawatsky:
Published articles in The National Interest magazine: How Energy Made the Modern World
Fun With Annuities Podcast is hosted by America’s Annuity Agent®, Stan Haithcock, The Annuity Man®. Hear brutal annuity facts with no sales pitches from the top independent agent in the country, licensed in all 50 states. Author of 7 books, Stan dives deep on all annuity types and strategies. It’s fun, learning the contractual truths on how annuities actually work and if they’ll fit your personal retirement lifestyle.