Kerry Pechter: Annuities For Dummies
In this episode, The Annuity Man and Kerry Pechter discuss:
- Recommended readings for retirees
- The many types and applications of annuity products
- Pulling back the curtain on annuity systems
- Two products that Kerry likes
- If you buy an annuity book, start with “Annuities For Dummies” because it’s a primer, a foundational book, and much more. Issues of the Retirement Income Journal are also another must-read.
- Whatever comes after the phrase “all annuities are…” is always false, as you can’t broadly categorize all annuities. They are like restaurants, shoes, or cars; you can’t say they are all bad. Every type of annuity has a different purpose and a different application.
- Choose a company that puts its policyholders first. You don’t want to be second in line or third in line to management and the shareholders regarding retirement.
- Kerry shed light on two products that people might want to look into to see if it fits their retirement plan: the variable income annuity and the fixed rate annuity with long-term care.
"Annuities are a bunch of products that have as much that are unalike as they are alike. Each one is a tool for particular kinds of people in particular kinds of life for different kinds of risk management." — Kerry Pechter.
Connect with Kerry Pechter:
Connect with The Annuity Man:
Email: [email protected]
Get a Quote Today: Annuity Calculators- Get Your Personalized Quotes | The Annuity Man
Fun With Annuities Podcast is hosted by America’s Annuity Agent®, Stan Haithcock, The Annuity Man®. Hear brutal annuity facts with no sales pitches from the top independent agent in the country, licensed in all 50 states. Author of 7 books, Stan dives deep on all annuity types and strategies. It’s fun, learning the contractual truths on how annuities actually work and if they’ll fit your personal retirement lifestyle.