John Lenz: The State of The Annuity Union
In this episode, The Annuity Man and John Lenz discuss:
- Don’t lose track of your renewal rate
- Laddering Multi-Year Guarantee Annuities
- Reasons for buying a QLAC
- Suitability regulations
- Insurance companies are for-profit institutions. Historically, insurance companies have renewed annuities at a lower rate than new money rates, but not everybody, and not all the time. Don’t lose track of your renewal rate, keep the company honest.
- Nobody can predict interest rates. Given all that we don't know, having a MYGA ladder is not a bad idea. Currently, we're at interest rate levels that if you have enough money, you can live off the interest and lock it in long-term.
- Tax savings shouldn’t be the primary reason why someone buys QLACs. Buy QLACs if you want lifetime income, joint lifetime income, or if you want to combat inflation. Tax savings are a good benefit of buying a QLAC, but it should be the tertiary reason for doing so.
- Suitability is a term that says the annuity that your agent is proposing to you is suitable for you based on a number of things your age, your liquidity, your understanding of your money, your net worth, your income, and your expenses.
"You got to advocate and go out there and make sure your money is not sitting around making somebody else profit instead of you" — John Lenz
Connect with John Lenz:
Website: Lenz Financial Group
Connect with The Annuity Man:
Email: [email protected]
YouTube: Stan The Annuity Man
Get a Quote Today: Annuity Calculators- Get Your Personalized Quotes | The Annuity Man
Fun With Annuities Podcast is hosted by America’s Annuity Agent®, Stan Haithcock, The Annuity Man®. Hear brutal annuity facts with no sales pitches from the top independent agent in the country, licensed in all 50 states. Author of 7 books, Stan dives deep on all annuity types and strategies. It’s fun, learning the contractual truths on how annuities actually work and if they’ll fit your personal retirement lifestyle.