092 Ellie Saul: Mama Bear Speaks The Truth About Medicare
About Fun With Annuities Episode #92
Thanks for joining us for another week! For a long time, I have been looking for a credible source for Medicare. I have found that person, so please help me welcome Ellie Saul to Fun With Annuities for podcast 092. Ellie is active on all platforms, including Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook in case you have any questions concerning her specialty, Medicare.
There is no way not to like Ellie Saul. When I asked her why she named her company Mama Bear Medicare, her answer was perfect. She’s a “mama bear” with her family and a “mama bear” with her Medicare clients. In other words, she will protect and take care of you. I loved getting to chat with her, and I’m sure you’ll enjoy hearing what she has to say.
"Original medicare has everything that we’ve ever dreamed of health insurance having, that we’ve never had - it’s completely transparent and has accountability on every side…" — Ellie Saul
Brief Bio on Co-host Ellie Saul:
An award-winning speaker and published writer, Ellie has taught free Medicare and Financial Literacy Classes over the past decade and has become an advocate for senior rights and Medicare Literacy. Ellie believes teaching is her calling and that there is no "one size fits all" solution for health, life, or retirement. She is passionate about providing educational resources for all without promoting a specific company or product in her classes or educational materials.
Knowledgeable and enthusiastic, Ellie teaches simple illustrations and relevant stories to make learning fun.
In this episode, The Annuity Man and Ellie Saul discuss:
• The difference between medicare and medicaid
• Selling and educating
• Being on guard for misinformation
• Getting the most out of your medicare
• Medicare is health care for people who are 65 or older, or someone who had a permanent disability for 24 consecutive months or has a specific diagnosis that makes them eligible for healthcare. Medicaid, on the other hand, is financial aid for lower-income.
• The reason why people today are not getting the most benefits out of their medicare is that many salespeople are more passionate about selling than educating.
• Be wary of misinformation, do not surrender the rights you are entitled to nor lose out on the benefits of your medicare program that you worked for your entire life and don’t get swindled out of contractual guarantees by people that offer supplemental benefits.
• The last thing you want to do is buy a medicare plan because of its brand, because you’ve heard from someone else, or because you’ve seen it on TV. Consult with a trustworthy expert, or at the least, spend a lot of time doing research.
Fun With Annuities® Podcast is hosted by America’s Annuity Agent®, Stan Haithcock, The Annuity Man®. Hear brutal annuity facts with no sales pitches from the top independent agent in the country, licensed in all 50 states. Author of 7 books, Stan dives deep on all annuity types and strategies. It’s fun, learning the contractual truths on how annuities actually work and if they’ll fit your personal retirement lifestyle.