Replay: Live Q&A - Do You Even Need An Annuity? March 2022
Recorded: Saturday, March 12 at 12 p.m. EST. Stan the Annuity Man® kicked off the Live Q&A with a brief intro to the two ways you can get a quote from The Annuity Man® Calculators on his website. And then he answered detailed questions from viewers on the fly. The questions are below and click the link to watch for the answers. Do you see your question below? If not, join us for the next monthly Live Q & A.
21 Questions from the Live Q&A “Do You Even Need an Annuity?”:
- Can you change your Beneficiary after you have signed up for a SPIA?
- Does it make any sense to have an annuity in a Roth Ira?
- Should I have annuity in my Roth?
- Don't have a ton of money, looking at retiring shortly, the agent recommended an annuity but it only has a "B" rating. I'm concerned, can't afford to lose money.
- If you move to another state or another country, does that change the terms of a SPIA?
- Why don't more couples choose the WIFE as a single annuitant instead of taking the lower-paying Joint Life? My wife is seven years younger, and there's almost NO CHANCE I'd survive her.
- I’m 44 and my wife is 41. We have 2 Roth IRA with Vanguard. We are hoping to have around $100,000 in each, once we are around 50 years old. Can I rollover both $100,000 IRA’s and buy a single
- $200000 annuity. Would there be an early withdrawal penalty since I would do the rollover before 59 1/2 years old.
- Is getting a long term care component to your annuity. It seems it is only for 5 years and seems to restrict the years it can be used. Is this correct?
- For IRA's with RMD's required, are annuities an appropriate vehicle in the IRA to "fund" the yearly RMD's with the allowable withdrawal%?
- Does the 50% ratio of your total portfolio also apply to money I may want to put into MYGA's?
- Do MYGA's have a death benefit or does each charge a fee to include beneficiaries?
- Does the 50% rule apply to each or combination of husband and wife?
- We have no children, so really don't need to leave anything on the table. Any suggestions?
- lf you move to another country there is no guarantee in case the annuity company you have cannot pay you its contractual obligation.
- If spouse gets an annuity and it they pass and then goes to spouse then does that mean the kids can not get it after the other spouse dies?
- What do you feel is the lowest Comdex score we should be comfortable with?
- Can the beneficiary of MYGA with a surrender charge on the death benefit wait to take the proceeds until maturity to avoid the surrender charge?
- Can you purchase an annuity in a solo 401K?
- If you got an individual annuity with spouse is beneficiary can it then go to kids once beneficiary spouse dies? Basically can you have more than one beneficiary?
- If I have a FIA with income rider inside of a roth ira, are payments taxable AFTER account value is used up?