Replay: Live Q&A What is the Best Annuity for You?
Recorded: Saturday, November, 20 at 12 p.m. EST. Stan the Annuity Man® kicked off the Live Q&A with a brief intro to the 2 questions you need to answer if you’re trying to determine what’s the best annuity for you. And then it was an hour of rapid-fire questions from viewers in the comments and Stan answered them on the fly.
23+ Questions from Live Q&A:
- With current rising inflation do you sell many annuities with that taking into account. $1000 dollars a month might seem great now but in twenty years not-so-great?
- Is there a situation in which SECONDARY MARKET ANNUITIES make sense?
- I am 47 years old. I would like to invest lump sum amount for returns say 15 years, what would you recommend?
- Is there a rating cutoff for considering companies? For example, No companies under B++?
- I have twins aged 10 years old. Can I invest a lump sum amount say $10000 each for their retirement say 40 years from now? Is there any annuity you would recommend for the twins that I can invest now?
- QLAC max is $135K, does that limit the income stream if you use one of those? or add another annuity type for more lifetime income?
- Can you setup an annuity through a Charitable Remainder Trust (CRT)?
- Can an index annuity have a guaranteed rate of return and at times get a higher return based on the market?
- Should I start a QLAC just BEFORE age 72, to avoid the RMDs?
- Can I pass an annuity to my kids upon my death? if so will the payout stay the same?
- Are you rewriting The Annuity Stanifesto?
- Are QLAC payments taxable?
- If I bought a QLAC now, and waited 4 years for the payout, would the mortality credits work against me at some point prior to the payout?
- Since mortality credits “drive the train”, with interest rates as a secondary consideration, at what general age do these mortality credits become more valuable to annuitize an income stream?
- Please expand why you are saying now is a good time because of the mortality rates.
- I''m wondering about the mortality credits to. Is it because of the increase of covid deaths?
- Can you talk about pros and cons of laddering vs lumpsum invest?
- Are there any Fixed Index Annuities out there that don''t allow the insurance company to change the rules at their will?
- Can you ladder MYGAs over a period of time to provide a greater income than a 15 year SPIA?
- What''s better an FIA or a MYGA?
- If income floor needed (minimum) is 50K starting within the next 10 -12 years, which is the best type of annuity DIA invest now for later or SPIA?
- Which annuity takes advantage of mortality credits the most? A SPIA?
- With a safety-first mindset, is there a certain percentage of living expenses you suggest we aim to cover with social security and annuities?
- And more...