Charles Rotblut: What Individual Investors Need To Succeed
About Fun With Annuities Episode #102
Charles Rotblut is a Vice President and Financial Analyst at the American Association of Individual Investors (AAII) and the editor of the AAII Journal. He is also the creator of the PRISM Wealth-Building Process.
Charles & I dug into his PRISM Wealth-Building System and dissected the five steps in detail. You can tell that Charles is passionate about what he has created with this system and has made it an easy-to-use resource for investors at all levels.
We also talked about current “Black Swan” events with COVID, Russia, China, and inflation. His insights into each of these topics are definitely worth the listen. Charles also commented on the current crypto craze. His “steady during the storm” approach simplified this asset class so investors could decide if they wanted to participate in this potential “tulip bulb” or the next big thing.
Charles created AAII's VMQ Stocks Portfolio and co-created AAII Dividend Investing services. He helps manage the Stock Superstars Report (SSR) portfolio and authors the weekly AAII Investor Update email. We dove into AAII model portfolios and stock screening services.
Charles has also written a best-selling book, “Better Good than Lucky: How Savvy Investors Create Fortune with the Risk-Reward Ratio,” published in November 2010. It’s a must-have for any investor. He holds the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation issued in January 1999. He is one high-IQ dude that should be on everyone’s retirement team.
As for the American Association of Individual Investors (AAII), I’m all in and have been for a long time. AAII is an independent nonprofit corporation formed in 1978 to assist individuals in becoming effective managers of their assets through programs of education, information, and research. Enjoy the podcast!
"Prioritize your goals… write down your goals, your odds of achieving them go up by 40%." — Charles Rotblut.
Brief Bio on Co-Host: Charles Rotblut
Charles Rotblut, CFA, is a vice president and financial analyst at AAII. He is the editor of the AAII Journal, created VMQ Stocks, co-created AAII Dividend Investing, helps to manage the Stock Superstars Report portfolio and authors the weekly AAII Investor Update email. Rotblut regularly speaks to the media, including CNBC and Kiplinger’s. He is also a Wall Street Journal expert panelist. His book, "Better Good than Lucky: How Savvy Investors Create Fortune with the Risk-Reward Ratio," was published in November 2010.
Rotblut holds the Chartered Financial Analyst designation and has analyzed both publicly traded and privately held companies. His experience includes working for Zacks Investment Research, an investment research firm; INVESTools, an investment education company; Curian Capital, a money management firm; and McClure, Schumacher & Associates, a business valuation firm. Rotblut holds a bachelor's of science in journalism from the University of Kansas.
In this episode, The Annuity Man and Charles Rotblut discuss:
- Creating your own financial plan
- Finding your real risk tolerance
- History repeats itself
- Crypto is purely speculative
- Prioritize your goals, recognize your risk tolerance, and identify your investment management preferences. Don’t be distracted by shiny objects, and remember that everything you do with your money is a trade-off.
- You might feel like your tolerance of risk is high, but it’s worth looking back at the past at how you reacted to certain situations - if you had freaked out or stayed steady - these instances will show you what your risk tolerance really is.
- History repeats itself in some form or another, that’s why you have to stay steady in the midst of unpredictable times. Focus on your goals and think of the long-term.
- Blockchain technology has a lot of potential for future applications, but right now, cryptocurrency - which is based on it, is purely speculative technology. It has value because people are assigning value to it.
Fun With Annuities® Podcast is hosted by America’s Annuity Agent®, Stan Haithcock, The Annuity Man®. Hear brutal annuity facts with no sales pitches from the top independent agent in the country, licensed in all 50 states. Author of 7 books, Stan dives deep on all annuity types and strategies. It’s fun, learning the contractual truths on how annuities actually work and if they’ll fit your personal retirement lifestyle.