What are the Agent Qualifications to Sell Annuities?

In order for an agent to sell fixed annuities, they only need a Life Insurance license issued by their state of residence.  Fixed annuities are primarily represented by 5 different products:  Single Premium Immediate Annuities (SPIAs), Longevity Annuities (aka: Deferred Income Annuities – DIAs), Fixed Rate Annuities (MYGAs – Multi Year Guarantee Annuities), and Fixed Index Annuities (FIAs).  Fixed annuities area categorized as a life insurance product, so a life insurance license is all that is needed to solicit and sell these types of strategies.

Read the rest of this article here or go to annuities.about.com.